Memphis Kitchen is Our Soup kitchen program in Memphis , projected to serve the poor and needy where all people regardless of religion, caste, color, creed, age, gender, or social status have access to safe , nutritious and affordable food .Our focus would be to uphold the ideals of equality and explicitly consider the ethics of sharing, community, inclusiveness, and oneness of humankind .
SSS has bought the land in January 2018 to build the soup kitchen in Memphis downtown in 3.78 Acres. (165528 sqft) .SSS is planning to create more awareness in general public about the Soup kitchen concept by giving equal opportunity to everyone to donate and contribute their part to serve the needy.
- Raising Health Awareness: Despite an improving economy the high demand for food assistance persists. We will continue to work together to ensure that we reach as many as possible , while exploring ways to help food insecure families achieve self-sufficiency. We want young generation to have access to healthy food because good nutrition is essential for good health. Address hunger as a health issue. Food insecurity impacts the health of vulnerable populations, particularly young children and senior adults. By helping families access more nutritious food, we can improve health outcomes
- Inspiration: We are flexible and responsive to the changing needs of the community. We lead by finding creative ways to prevent and reduce food insecurity.
- Collaborate/Participate: We approach our work with empathy, understanding and respect for the diverse communities we serve. We know we cannot end hunger alone. We succeed in partnership with others and strive to include a rich tapestry of voices in our work.
- Accountability: We aim to deliver outstanding service and high quality programs, effectively and efficiently. We steward our resources with integrity and transparency. Utilize new training methods to improve cultural competency and customer service and plan to Expand digital marketing and online fundraising.
We intend to direct the Food Drive’s work for the next 5 years following the below objectives .
- We value nutrition education and advocacy programs that lead toward self sufficiency and sustainable food systems .
- We value the wise use of resources, creating new ways to improve our services and effectively utilizing community support that sustains our work .
- Our major strength as an organization is our team : Dedicated volunteers and many individuals who sponsor and operate our programs in United States and India . We want to recognize their outstanding contribution and further their commitment to our mission.
- We value our staff and volunteers and their diverse talents, backgrounds, passion and commitment to the program.
- We strive to become a learning organization, motivating everyone who works with us and continual.