Education makes a world of difference ,by providing an individual with skills and tools to affect positive change for the rest of their lives. As the education level of the population increases, it enjoys better health, lower birth rates, increased life expectancy, higher per capita income and improved gender equality. Given that the positive effects of education persist across so many standard indices of quality of life, we firmly believe that investment in education is the most effective way to serve the community.
Majority of Indians are the products of Government schools. These schools are a linchpin of the Indian educational system, accounting for 70% of Pre-Primary,Primary and Secondary Schools. This program designed is to strengthen Government schools that are providing formal education in India. The schools chosen to be supported by SSS have been neglected by local communities and government officials. The children attending these schools pay little or no fees and come from low socio-economic backgrounds. The long term goal of this program is to increase the student enrollment & retention rate, incorporate good teaching and learning techniques in government schools and ensure that the education received by these children is effective.
- Providing easy access to high quality education for underprivileged rural and urban school children.
- Developing skilled teachers and inspiring them to participate willingly for the students’ well-being.
- Appointing teachers to fill critical gaps and reduce the student-teacher ratio.
- Developing the students’ mind,body and spirit through yoga, sports, arts and health education programs.
- Instilling a sense of social responsibility through eco-clubs, and introducing aspects of India’s great history and spirituality.
- Providing nutritional food as mid-day meals to children.
- Sponsoring students/ teachers for educational visits/sports meets.
- Critical assistance in maintenance of infrastructure facilities in schools like toilets, computers, library, books etc.